Wednesday, January 26, 2011

my thoughts on my new traincase, makeup pallette, and brush set.

Hey guys.

Here are my thoughts about my recent purchases on makeup.



The professional pallette



This is what i've been talking about. The case is hardcase and quite heavy to be carried by one hand. IMO not many people would need this. Seriously. Although it does carry a lot of basic stuff we need as makeupartist wannabe, I don't think the colors are that flattering. Esp the eyeshadows. crappyyy. It carries 6 creamy foundations, 6 powder foundations, 4 finishing powders, 4 liquid foundations,2 eyeliner pencils, 1 lip pencil, 1 brow pencil, 1 mascara, 6 loose eyeshadows, 15 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, 15 lipsticks, and 4 lipglosses.

To tell you the truth I don't like any of them. Quality is very decent, colors not so wearable for eyeshadow, not quite right for foundations, not quite flattering for lipsticks, not enough choice for blushes, and crappy color payoff for everything. Sigh. I bought them just because i don't want to buy so many different shades of foundations and I don't want the models to wear my own :( Such a shame. I do like the organisation of the pallette and the fact that the pallette carries lots of different foundation shades in one case (coz foundations are exp!). Sorry to say this but for those who are in need of a good professional makeup pallette, this pallette by PAC isn't a good choice. PRICE: RP 2,100,000,- AVAILABLE AT Martha Tilaar Store.

19 Brush set.



I would say the quality is okay. Although I do have my own brush collection I think I wouldn't skip this one. These brushes are different from my own. Some of the brushes I do not own, such as fan brush, eyebrow comb, eyeliner brush, etc. The set carries around 5-6 eyeshadow brushes (all MAC 239 look alike). I thought at first, what a loss! I paid for DIFFERENT BRUSHES in one set! But come to think about it. If i'm a makeupartist, I would need more than 2 eyeshadow brushes to apply different colors on different people. Right? :D So definitely buy this one if you're just starting out with makeup :)

TRAINCASE




This cute red traincase I got from Plaza Senayan's Sogo, beauty section. I've never heard of the brand Masami Shouko before, but sounds good yeah? (coz it's japanese name!) hahahaha :D I've been dreaming of getting a makeup traincase in my life, but never actually asked my mom to get one for me. Because it's quite exp, I'm scared if I'm not gonna use it well. But since I'm going to be serious in makeup, i bursted the gut to ask her :) And it's 50% off too :D

See you soon!

Cha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment