Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Eyebrows.

Hey guys.

Today I had 2 makeup sessions. that means 4 hours. I know right. Crazy. But I quite like it so far. My teacher, Ms. Sri is very nice, though not the most patient and understanding teacher but overall she's a nice one. She likes soft and light makeup, using pastel colors such as light purple and pink. However, she's very strict with eyebrows. FYI, when I do makeup, I barely care about eyebrows. why? because my 'clients' are always conservative with the way they look. They don't care about makeup trends or products. They don't care about what other people think about how eyebrows 'should' look. They don't like to change anything. They just want to look nice, simple, and clean. most of the time.
I like thick eyebrows. But I never ever liked thick, thin, and FAKE eyebrows. I don't know why older people like to DRAW their eyebrows, or make eyebrow tattoos. Please don't ever let them be in trend! EVER. I also don't understand why people like THIN eyebrows. Thin eyebrows only make you look 1. funnier, 2. older and 3. grumpier.

OK I should stop rambling now. Sigh. too much talkin.
The point is. I don't like to be VERY PRECISE with eyebrows. Our natural eyebrows are not so tidy, yet not so full. Waxing eyebrows may be one solution to solve out-of-shape eyebrows, and eyebrow pencils/shadows are necessary to create the illusion of fuller eyebrows. But should the application be overly neat and thick? I'm afraid not. The application should be barely there. you should barely see eyeshadow on your brows and you should still see your hairs besides your eyeshadow or your pencil. That's the key to look youthfully pretty. Sigh. Ms. Sri corrects my eyebrow application so many times. Problems? Not enough eyeshadow, too scared to fill. Sometimes, i applied more because the model's eyebrows are awfully thin. She doesn't like it. Sigh. I really don't like messing around with eyebrows. As long as they are nicely shaped and filled I'm happy with that.

One more thing you might like to know. Gusnaldi always teaches students to use HAIRSPRAY to groom eyebrows before you fill them in. And you know what, once the hairspray touches the skin, you can't apply any color to it. And they still demand the thickest line. sigh. Do they know that eyebrow gel is way more popular than hairspray? MY GOD.


Products that I like: Shu Uemura's Hard formula brow pencil no 2. Perfect color, perfect thickness, very natural :)


Give you lotsa updates very soon!
Cha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment