Wednesday, September 22, 2010

NYX lipsticks and glosses

waaaw.
When I was in Singapore 2 weeks ago I finally received my NYX order from the Cherry Culture, and I was sooooo excited to try all of them on! The reason being is that in Melbourne some stores do carry NYX, but I would say only NYX trashes they've got there. I ordered mostly lip products, and some of its infamous jumbo pencils to test out. but here I want to review just the lip products because there are A LOT of them. It was so difficult to decide which ones I want to order because I don't get the chance to try them out in person, so I've been relying heavily on other people's swatches and reviews on the internet. Hearing so much about NYX makes me want to jump right into the bandwagon and get it no matter what it takes. So I simply ordered the colors I think I would like. I guess $2 for a lipstick won't hurt, afterall. Plus I didn't have to pay for any shipping tho, as my friend who was studying as an exchange student in LA helped me to order and stuff. So yeah. I ordered heaps.


Yuhuuu! Welcome to the family!

All of them are AWESOME in terms of texture and color payoff. I'm pretty much satisfied and have no problem at all. I've been using them religiously until now =) However I would say not all of the colors are hits. I'll tell you what I think about them.

The lipsticks are extremely vibrant and moisturising. It's like a combination between lustre and cremesheen formulation in MAC. One swipe is sometimes too much for me. I usually do a dabbing motion to apply them.


From top-left: Indian Pink, Orange Soda, Pumpkin Pie, B52, Tea Rose, Fig, Strawberry Milk, Thalia, Honey

SWATCHESSSS
Honey, Orange Soda, Pumpkin Pie, Strawberry Milk, Thalia, B52, Tea Rose, Fig.
I missed out Indian Pink :(

I surprisingly love the way Thalia looks on me although it's a dirty mauve color. A color that I would never look in a lipstick. It's beautiful, classy, and very ladylike. Love it. I don't quite like B52 as it's obviously too brown for my liking. Indian Pink is a very bright peachy-orange, but it has that runway feeling when you wear it. Very sexy. Fig is a bit difficult to wear as it's a middle toned bright pink, but I will somehow find the way to rock the lipstick =) Tea rose is quite similar to Kinda Sexy by MAC, a very wearable, universal, special-event color. I love Strawberry Milk more than Viva Glam Gaga. Both are bubblegum pink lipsticks, but Strawberry Milk is more pastel than bright, which i like. but if I have to choose, I would stick to Honey, Orange Soda, and Pumpkin Pie. I loooove my nudes =) Those lovely shades are really rare to me. None of them are similar to MAC's.

Here comes the lipglosses.


Smokey look, Cafe Latte, Whipped, Mauve, Sorbet

And the swatchessss
Cafe Latte, Whipped, Sorbet, Mauve, Smokey Look

LOVE THEM. No comments. I wear them everyday. You can't stop me=D Perfect colors, texture, and stickiness. lovely. Haven't tried Mauve (don't even know why I ordered this pink out of nowhere), but I will. The color is not scary tho. Just haven't got the perfect time to show off any pink lippie:D

Stay in touch,
Cha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment